Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR 75SP3 : Stable for prod ?

2010-08-17 11:01:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR 75SP3 : Stable for prod ?
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:00:53 -0400
On 08 17, 2010, at 10:53 AM, Len Philpot wrote:

>> STANLEY R. HORWITZ
>>
>> One problem, which I wrote about last week on this forum is that
>> "savegrp -O" does a segment fault at the end, with roughly 125
>> clients. An EMC technician had me run "nsrck -L6" and "nsrim -X"
>
> It may be totally unrelated, but after upgrading to 7.5.*1* we had to
> raise our ulimit (# of open files) to avoid savegrp abending on larger
> groups… ?

Len,

What ulimit settings are you using and how many clients are you backing up?

Here's what I have …

[root@puss nsr_scripts]# ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 1024
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 143360