Networker

[Networker] requirements for ndmp backup

2010-07-28 09:05:38
Subject: [Networker] requirements for ndmp backup
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 06:01:51 -0700
Hi, what licenses do i require to backup an NDMP disk system. I know that i
require an NDMP client connection license. I am unsure what licenses i need for
the tape device.

Do i need to configure a tape device as an NDMP device to backup the NDMP
client
or can the data be sent over the network to the networker server and use the
existing tape devices.

If i would like the NDMP client data to go directly to tape i would then need
share my tape library. I know that to do this i would require a device sharing
license but do i require any other licenses such as dedicated storage node
license?

Thanks.