Networker

[Networker] Upgrade server on solaris 10 / Networker 7.4.4

2010-07-23 11:19:34
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade server on solaris 10 / Networker 7.4.4
From: dmitri <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:16:59 -0400
lopezvanessa78 wrote:
> Please help me,
>
> i explain : i have a storage node on solaris 8 et networker 7.4.4 on this
> server. I need to upgrade networker 7.4.4 to networker 7.6 , upgrade solaris
> 8 to solaris 10 before.
> We upgraded the server on  solaris 10 => ok
> we install patches on te server => ok
> we install LGTOclnt /LGTOnode / LGTOman on the server and when we start
> networker . I have crash disk on the server with scsi error before the crash.
> I tried to upgrade on Three différent disk i always the same problem. I call
> EMC they give a new release and i have the same probleme.
> If i start on the disk solaris 10 and uninstall networker just before the
> networker start . The system is ok and the disk is ok.
>
> Thanks for your help

Can you post error logs related to your disk crash?  Looks like disk failure,
unrelated to Networker.  I've never seen SCSI errors caused by starting
networker or any other app for that matter.
Three different disks - you mean you replaced the failed disk, all was good,
and the next one crashes when you start networker again?  If you get thee
different disks crash - maybe it's a SCSI channel related?