Networker

[Networker] Numeric backup question?

2010-07-16 00:31:42
Subject: [Networker] Numeric backup question?
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:30:26 -0400
We do something like this with a script, using manual backups, on certain
Solaris and Linux hosts.  We don't worry about OS backup on the servers in
question, since the boot disks are configured through Jumpstart / Kickstart.

The core steps are:

1) On each directory supplied, run:  find $DIR -type f -mtime -${DAYS} >>
$SOME_FILE

2) save -s $SERVER -u -l full -y "$RETAIN" -w "$RETAIN" -b $POOL -I $SOME_FILE
>& $SOME_LOG
## Note most of our clients are on 7.4.1, which is why I get away with "-l
full" for now.  YMMV later...

3) verify with an mminfo scan, as well as scanning $SOME_LOG.  A secondary set
of scans is recommended (run on Server's side).

The detail logic is written in C Shell, which is why I'm not posting it here.
:)

--TSK