Networker

[Networker] Numeric backup question?

2010-07-15 20:45:48
Subject: [Networker] Numeric backup question?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:42:21 -0400
Kind of a goofy question, and I would never need to do this, but I'm just curious if this is possible.

Can you run a numeric backup, but have it start with an older date? In other words, capture all files since the previous lower numbered backup but only up to, say, a week ago, and not up to the current time?

So, for example, if, as of the current time, there were 500 files that have changed on a client since the last full, but as of a week ago there were 419 files that had changed, then force the numeric to back up only those 419?

If this is possible then I assume that a subsequent incremental should still capture everything that's changed since the date/time that the numeric was run because the date/time that the numeric ran would be recorded in the media database, and the subsequent incremental would be backing up any files newer than that date/time, correct? As result, it's not like the next incremental would capture files that had changed since a week before, or whatever time interval you forced that previous numeric to not go farther forward in time than, right?

Thanks

George

--
George Sinclair