Networker

[Networker] Recycle/delete old save sets?

2010-07-08 10:40:32
Subject: [Networker] Recycle/delete old save sets?
From: dmitri <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:36:40 -0400
wallace88 wrote:

> > We have a client that is supposed to be decommissioned shortly. The owners
> > have asked us to delete all stored data older than 1 month.
>

> ...You use the nsrmm command to delete the savesets.  For example:
>
>   nsrmm  -d  -S ssid/cloneid...

small clarification:
nsrmm manpage states, that
"     -d   Deletes the client  file  indexes  and  media  database
          entries from the NetWorker databases.
           The action does not destroy the  volume:  instead,  it
          removes  all references used by NetWorker to the volume
          and the user files contained on it.  This option can be
          used to control the size of the NetWorker databases."

i.e. by running `nsrmm -dy -S ssid/cloneid` you will not delete the actual
saveset, but only it's reference in NW media DB