Networker

Re: [Networker] Why scanner doesn't read tape after nsrjb mount?

2010-07-07 04:03:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why scanner doesn't read tape after nsrjb mount?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:59:39 +0200
Hi Thierry and Wallace,

Great! The command from the storage does more things than from the server but I'm getting some errors I need to correct before the command scans the tape I hope ...

C:\>scanner -s legatoserver -v -b "LCFIB Historicos"
 -i -p -z \\.\Tape1
8909:scanner: using 'rd=storagenode:\\.\Tape1' as the device name
Cannot set \\.\Tape1 block size to 131072. Maximum size configure is 65536.
Please modify your SCSI configuration to allow transfers of at least 131072 (se
arch for the MaximumSGList registry parameter)
9000:scanner: \\.\Tape1: opened for reading
9003:scanner: \\.\Tape1: rewinding
8968:scanner: Reading the label...
8969:scanner: Reading the label done
Cannot set \\.\Tape1 block size to 131072. Maximum size configure is 65536.
Please modify your SCSI configuration to allow transfers of at least 131072 (se
arch for the MaximumSGList registry parameter)
8936:scanner: scanning sdlt320 tape HIS101 on rd=storagenode:\\.\Tape1
8937:scanner: volume id 5983048 record size 131072
  created  7/13/09 16:57:12 expires  7/13/11 16:57:12
32350:scanner: adding sdlt320 tape HIS101 to pool LCFIB Historicos
9003:scanner: \\.\Tape1: rewinding
8973:scanner: setting position from fn 0, rn 0 to fn 2, rn 0
8770:scanner: fn 2 rn 0 read error More data is available.
9000:scanner: \\.\Tape1: opened for reading
8770:scanner: fn 2 rn 0 read error More data is available.
9000:scanner: \\.\Tape1: opened for reading
8761:scanner: done with sdlt320 tape HIS101

9003:scanner: \\.\Tape1: rewinding

After that, I have the tape in the volume list but "empty" because the scanner command didn't read anything. I'll search about this SCSI configuration to see if this solves the problem.

Thank you.

Thierry FAIDHERBE wrote:
Not sure you can use scanner with a storage node device brom backup server.
Try once "scanner -s <server> v -b "LCFIB Historicos" -i -p -z \\.\Tape1"
from the storage node.

HTH

th