Networker

Re: [Networker] GST service

2010-07-06 18:24:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] GST service
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:21:02 +1000
Hi Matthew,

On 07/07/2010, at 06:39 , Matthew Powell wrote:

> I restarted my Networker version 7.4.4 and I can no longer connect to the GST
> service for the GUI administration. Has anyone had any troubles with this
> service in this way? Is there a problem that I am unaware of? I have stopped
> and started the Networker process countless times in the past without
> problems like this. Just hate to reboot the server for the magical fix when I
> won't find out the real cause of my troubles. Thanks for your time.

On all platforms you can manually restart the GST service independently of
NetWorker.

On *nix platforms, it's just a case of:

/etc/init.d/gst stop
/etc/init.d/gst start

For Windows, restart the "EMC GST Service".

On restart, GST should successfully reconnect with NetWorker.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise