Networker

Re: [Networker] Not in media index

2010-06-30 16:38:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Not in media index
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:36:05 +0100
Hi,

I just found your first message.
The blocksize problem may be related to the fact that one of the tape drives
is LTO-2 and the other one is LTO-3.

If you are trying to scan every single tape to recover the media db, wouldn't
it be better to search on your bootstrap reports and find what tape has the
most recent good bootstrap so you can load that tape on the LTO-3 drive, run
scanner -B  and then mmrecover the media db?

jee