Networker

Re: [Networker] Disable Storage Node Polling Interval

2010-06-15 05:49:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disable Storage Node Polling Interval
From: "Macina, Conrad" <Conrad.Macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:38:07 -0400
Hi, Dinesh,

You say you have deleted the tape device and node, but the server
continues to poll the storage node? That's unlikely. Here's the sequence
you should be following:

1. Install and start NetWorker on your test server

2. Run mmrecov to recover the media database

3. Stop NetWorker

4. Move the recovered resource files into position

5. With NetWorker still down, use nsradmin to delete all your devices
and jukeboxes. What follows is for *nix, but the same principles apply
to Wintel.
# cd /nsr/res
# nsradmin -d ./nsrdb
NetWorker administration program.
Use the "help" command for help, "visual" for full-screen mode
nsradmin> . type:nsr device
Current query set
nsradmin> show name
nsradmin> print
The program displays a list of all defined devices
nsradmin> delete
                        name: "rd=mystoragenode:/dev/rmt/2cbn";
Delete? y
deleted resource id 0.170.99.85.63.30.111.108.170.116.34.57(23833)

This repeats for each device

nsradmin> . type:nsr jukebox
Current query set
nsradmin> show name
nsradmin> print
The program displays a list of all defined jukeboxes
nsradmin> delete
                        name: "rd=mystoragenode:myjukebox";
Delete? y
deleted resource id
1.41.66.32.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.65.88.118.224.170.116.34.57(5845)
This repeats for each jukebox

If you're running a DR test you'll probably want to disable all your
autostarted savegroups:

nsradmin>. type:nsr group;autostart:enabled
Current query set
nsradmin> update autostart:disabled
updated resource id
2.48.11.61.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.56.88.171.402.705.501.43.75(15884)
etc.
nsradmin> quit

6. Start NetWorker and create your new devices and jukeboxes.

Good luck!

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.