Networker

Re: [Networker] How to trim the index directories

2010-06-04 12:06:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to trim the index directories
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:55:33 -0400
"STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT temple DOT edu> wrote on 06/04/2010 11:42:21 AM:

> On 06 4, 2010, at 11:38 AM, MIchael Leone wrote:
> >
> > That shows me everything out there. Is that what this command does -
> > delete everything except the very latest saveset? So the only history
> > would have left is last night's backup?
> >
> > Any way to specify how much (i.e., how far back) to expunge? For
example,
> > any saveset older than 12 months? Doesn't appear to be ?
>
> nsrim -l will delete the index entries for the OLDest saveset, as
> per its man page.

Yes, I got that; it deletes the single oldest saveset. What I was
wondering, if there was some way to more robustly delete a range of
savesets, ideally with a single command. And it doesn't sppear to be.

In my case, "nsrim -l" cleaned up 1.8G of space, so it effectively doubled
it. And it showed me index directories of clients that aren't registered
anymore. And I guess I can delete (or move) the index files of the clients
that don't exist anymore.

Thanks