Networker

Re: [Networker] List of clients

2010-05-24 03:22:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] List of clients
From: "Abad Uriarte, Arkaitz" <arkaitz.abad AT EHU DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:20:12 +0200
Hello;

If you only want to know the client is enabled, use in nsradmin

show name:; scheduled backup:
print type: NSR client; scheduled backup: Enabled

Arkaitz

ARKAITZ ABAD URIARTE

Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea              Email: arkaitz.abad @ehu.es
Bizkaiko I.I.S.I.G                         Tel. : 94 601 8390
Aurreztu papera. E-posta hau inprimatu beharra daukazu?

Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM> escribió:

Tim Mooney

> On *nix, I just do `ls /nsr/index`, but maybe that's missing
something...

You're not missing anything and that is a great idea, but lots of sites
(mine included) have directories out there for clients that are no
longer
defined within NetWorker.  It also wouldn't catch any client where
you've
changed the attribute for where its index is, but in my experience
that's
a lot less common than still having indexes for clients that have been
deleted.

All true. When I delete clients, I try to remove their index directories
once all their savesets have expired. I guess a reminder script could be
written to compare the client directories against what's found from
nsradmin and email the diffs to the admin just as a heads-up.

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or