Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.4.4 trouble with restore

2010-05-12 03:56:51
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 trouble with restore
From: PeterPGS <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 02:28:57 -0400
We are experiencing strange things when we want to restore from a Windows
backup.
Backup server is Windows and the client also.
What we see is that one day it is possible to see all files and the other only
the directories or sometimes nothing at all but drive letters.
The log says the backup was successful and also the number of files and size
looks ok but apparently this is no garantee for a successful restore.

We tried it with the Networker client installed but also using the UNC path to
the shares.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on? Could it be some Windows update
messing up things?

Thank you,
 Peter