Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo query

2010-05-05 09:24:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo query
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:21:28 -0500
> joey.admin AT gmail DOT com
>
> But what if:
>
> If I want to make mminfo query for all clients with specific DNS suffix
in
> the client name?
>
> Does mminfo not accept wildcards? or is it perhaps possible to let
mminfo
> make a lookup in a textfile of clientnames?

Not as such, as I understand it. But on a *nix system, you can do
something like this:

while read host
do
        mminfo -ar '<your reportspec here>' -q "client=$host, <remainder
of your query here>", etc.
done < file_containing_hostnames

Note the double quotes around the query string - They're necessary to
allow your $host variable to evaluate and expand. Be aware of shell
interaction, though. For example, using -q "!ssrecycle" on a one line
query under bash works fine, but it will barf in a loop, so you'll need to
use -q "ssrecycle=false". There are almost certainly others to be aware
of.