Networker

Re: [Networker] Commands needed to make a set of tapes browse-able again?

2010-04-22 16:31:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Commands needed to make a set of tapes browse-able again?
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:28:55 -0700
It would help if we knew what version of Networker you're running.

Basically you need to restore the index.  The tape is in the media database but
the index entries have been purged.  nsrck -L7 is one command you can use to
restore indexes but you may need to adjust the browse period before you can do
that.  Last resort is to use scanner to restore the index.

Others can give more details on the command.

Dave

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon