Networker

Re: [Networker] Unable to start/login to NMC following RHEL update

2010-03-31 11:06:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unable to start/login to NMC following RHEL update
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:03:36 -0400
Thanks for sharing your experience George.

This is the primary reason I do not run the NMC on our NW Server... Too
much interaction or inter-dependency between the two that must be
learned through experiences such as yours. And EMC also recommends
running NMC on a stand alone NW client as opposed to running it on the
server, although they don't say you can't, they just suggest it runs
better on something other than the server... Which has also been my
experience so far. I first ran NMC on our NW server, then moved it to a
client when the 7.6 NMC came out. It works fine with our 7.4.4 server
and is an improvement over the previous release of NMC.