Networker

[Networker] Help -- I think I deleted indexes that were in use

2010-03-29 08:42:19
Subject: [Networker] Help -- I think I deleted indexes that were in use
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:39:15 -0400
Linux RHEL5 (64-bit), NetWorker 7.4sp5.2

The root filesystem started alerting last night that it was getting full and in
researching
what was going on, I discovered a temporary directory that was only used when
we moved from
Solaris to Linux last May...  It was used to hold the indexes for our two
largest systems
(because we ran out of space on the old Solaris system and split up the indexes
to get us
through until we replaced the server)...

Anyway... as I *know* I updated networker to not use those paths anymore back
in May, I deleted
the data.  This morning, I see emails from the NetWorker server (starting AFTER
I deleted the
directory tree) that state the filesystem holding the index for these two
systems  is getting
full.  Investigating, I find that sure enough, NetWorker has decided that the
indexes for these
two systems were in that directory tree.

I've updated networker to to tell it that the indexes do NOT live in that tree!
 Now, I'm
wondering what do I need to do to recover the data that I deleted?  I have not
yet restarted
the server, so it may still have the data in memory (or still have open file
pointers to data
on disk).

Thanks for any ideas.