Networker

[Networker] How to look at daemon.raw file?

2010-03-23 11:05:42
Subject: [Networker] How to look at daemon.raw file?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:02:32 -0400
Running 7.5.1 on RH Linux. What's this /nsr/logs/daemon.raw file?

Why can't they make it human readable like in older versions on NetWorker? I still see the messages file, but I no longer see 'daemon.001', etc. like we had in 7.2.2?

Anyway, I'm seeing entries like this in /nsr/logs/daemon.raw on our snode:

39078 1269355951 0 0 2 4112083856 22757 0 snodename nsrexecd 14 %s error:
%s%s 3 0 6 SYSTEM 49 216 6637 145 There is already a machine using the name: "%s". Either choose a different name for your machine, or delete the "%s" entry for "%s" on host: "%s" 4 0 6 primaryservername 020 NSR peer information 0 6 primaryservername 12 6 snodename 0 0

What does this mean? Our /etc/hosts file has the correct entry for the snode. We do have the primary server listed in /nsr/res/servers. I don't see any of these messages on the primaryserver, though?

George

--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210