Networker

[Networker] Oracle NMO question

2010-03-21 22:23:47
Subject: [Networker] Oracle NMO question
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:22:23 -0400
Hi,

We have a new NW 7.5.1 server in place on RH Linux. We have two Linux clients running Oracle 10g with NMO 4.2-1 and an older client release. These were being backed up to an older NW server 7.2.x. using the nmo module.

client1 is Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4
client2 is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3

We'd like to start backing up the Oracle databases to the new server. I was going to rip out the client and nmo versions and install the ones that came with our 7.5.1 media kit. That would be the 7.5.1 client and the nmo 5.0-1 version.

Is there a newer version we should be using, or will that work? If there's a newer version can someone post an MD5 checksum for the download?

I assume we should at least upgrade to this newer 5.0-1 version?

We've been doing cold backups (flat file backups) until we can test the NMO.

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair