Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?

2010-03-19 18:10:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:06:49 +0000
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:17:15PM +0000, George Sinclair wrote:

> One thing I notice, though, is that that while the 'Volume default
> capacity' field is blank (null) for all the devices, if I check the
> Volume tab, I see that the field: 'Volume current capacity' is set
> to 800 GB for each volume. There's an LTO-4 tape in every drive.
>
> Seems then that it's picking this up automatically? Is there any
> need for me to set the 'Volume default capacity'?

It probably is the default for LTO4.  You can also view the capacity for
any tape after labeling with 'mminfo'.

No need to override the default unless you don't like 800G.  I often set
mine for a little more just because I did get some amount of consistent
compression.  So I'd set it at 1.5x or so.

--
Darren