Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?

2010-03-19 17:37:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:32:20 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?, George Sinclair said (at...:

Seems then that it's picking this up automatically? Is there any need for me to set the 'Volume default capacity'?

If the tape drives are actually configured as LTO4 drives, then I would
say no.

Generally, you only want to override NetWorker's notion of a volume
default capacity if you've done something like

- bought LTO-5 drives hot off the assembly line
- are running a NetWorker version that doesn't yet have a built-in
  idea of what LTO-5 drives have for capacity

If NetWorker actually knows about the type of drive you have, then I
would just leave volume default capacity alone.

Tim
edu