Networker

Re: [Networker] how to get empty space on tape?

2010-03-16 08:30:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to get empty space on tape?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:28:01 -0400
You need to select the tape, right-click, select "Change Mode", then
select 'Recyclable'.
This will expire all the save-sets on that tape, then the tape will
become 'Recyclable' and can be re-labeled and re-used...(as long as the
media pool allows for it also: recycle to / from other pools). You
should really purchase a sufficient number of tapes and plan your
retention period so that tapes become expired as fast as you need /
consume them... That is the way Networker is designed to work...