Networker

Re: [Networker] Sanity check on mminfo / nsrinfo usage

2010-03-15 10:07:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Sanity check on mminfo / nsrinfo usage
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:06:18 -0500
Dag Nygren <dag AT newtech DOT fi> wrote on 03/09/2010 03:12:59 AM:

> If you are looking for a certain file only, it is probably easier to use

> nsrinfo -N "filename" "client name" directly. Should give you a list of
all
> versions in the index database of that file.
> It is case sensitive though...

Thanks for the replies; I was out of town much of last week, hence my
delay in acknowledging them.

The specific request that triggered this was for files of unknown specific
name and/or case. That is, the requestor said they started with xyz*, but
didn't know if it was xyz*, XYZ*, XyZ*, etc. So it was simplest to just
list everything and egrep -i for the patterns.

Thanks again.