Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 Power Edition

2010-03-11 22:57:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 Power Edition
From: Stefan Nobbe <stefan.nobbe AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:47:17 -0500
Think this will be a problem?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 11, 2010, at 9:08 PM, "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM> wrote:

All,

Using IBM Protectier VTL. Creating 2 virtual libraries per networker servers. 40 drives apiece. So two virtual libraries totaling 80 drives. Plan was to single stream 64 sessions, one per drive.

Being told by EMC that power edition can only handle 32 devices. Telling me I have to throw more hardware at the problem.

Is this a driver issue? I have added S/N licenses with no luck.

Currently inquire shows two scsi LCP with 16 drives apiece(32) although OS sees 80 devices in /dev/rmt.

Any thoughts? Anyone using IBM PT VTL with Networker?

Thanks

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918
EDWARD.COTY AT AIG DOT COM

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or