Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up Win2008 R2 using NW 7.4.5? - SOLVED

2010-03-09 10:41:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up Win2008 R2 using NW 7.4.5? - SOLVED
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:40:13 -0500
"James Pratt" <jpratt AT norwich DOT edu> wrote on 03/09/2010 08:53:04 AM:

> I think he is saying to change the service account on the target R2
> server to run nsrexecd service as a different user, however, my testing
> last week of a full backup and recover of an R2 server (in a 2003 domain
> I should add) gave me the same error using a Domain account from the NW
> side - I ended up just using the R2 server's local administrator account
> in the NW client config instead, and that took care of it, was able to
> do a full backup and recover etc - (We do not change service account
> users unless we have to - it's come back to haunt us too many times, but
> that's just us).

That did it. Very strange. I used the local administrator ID and password
in the "Remote Access" section of the client config (rather than the
domain ID and password that I had been using, and which is a domain admin
account). And then it all started working ...

Would have never guess that ....

Thanks a lot!