Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems with 7.5.2 client not starting up at reboot time

2010-03-09 09:58:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems with 7.5.2 client not starting up at reboot time
From: Sean Smith <seansmith AT UPS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:56:35 -0500
Mike:
        On your Linux clients, have you checked for the existence of
/etc/init.d/networker?  There is a bug (which I filed with EMC) where the RPM
removes the startup script when you upgrade the RPM ("yum update lgtoclnt" or
"rpm -U").  I've asked for it to be fixed previously, but we'll see.  Doing a
simple remove, reinstall fixes the issue.

        If I was a betting man, the Solaris clients probably have the same bug.

Sean