Networker

[Networker] mminfo reports wrong media type?

2010-02-26 22:33:05
Subject: [Networker] mminfo reports wrong media type?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:30:36 -0500
Scanned some save sets from an LTO-3 tape on an LTO-4 drive using '-m' option, not '-i'. Scan identified it as an LTO Ultrium-4 tape, but everything scanned fine. However, mminfo reports the type as 'Ultrium LTO-4'? mminfo does report all the information correctly, though, e.g. name,client,savetime,ssid, etc. I can mount the tape and recover the data just fine. How can I get mminfo to report it as an LTO-3?

I tried rerunning the scan as:

scanner -s server -t 'LTO Ultrium-3' device

This time scanner reported is an LTO Ultrium-3, but mminfo still reports the volume as an LTO-4.

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair