Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo size reporting when using compresasm?

2010-02-18 09:37:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo size reporting when using compresasm?
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:32:08 -0500
Tim, good idea on checking the client. Unfortunately, that isn't a specific enough, it just shows a total.

MB:174690

Dave

Date:    Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:29:27 -0600
From:    Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
Subject: Re: mminfo size reporting when using compresasm?

In regard to: Re: [Networker] mminfo size reporting when using compresasm?,...:

> I've seen a lot of sites use backup reports for sizing--so this is probably
> something that has hit a lot of sites without them realizing it.

Potentially, but since compressasm isn't the default, you have to do
something specifically to enable client-side compression, at which point
you might notice (or perhaps not) that your reported saveset sizes have
dropped.

As far as figuring out how much data the client actually has, how does
the "MB used" field compare to the actual usage when you probe the client
directly with

        echo 'print type:NSRLA' | nsradmin -p390113 -i - -s client-name-here

?

Tim