Networker

Re: [Networker] Datadomain with NetWorker / EDL

2010-02-17 02:11:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Datadomain with NetWorker / EDL
From: Magnus Berglund <belmagnus AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:10:11 +0100
We use the DD 690 as an adv file type device (NFS) connected to a storage
node
NW 7.4.4 on Solaris 10

We have replaced our old tape infrastructure and are writing everything
except "Long term backup" to the Datadomain box directly, we keep a small
tape library for "Long term backup"

We are also hoping that EMC will bring in more support/Integration but have
not heard anything official yet. In the mean time it performs well as is but
it took some tuning to get acceptable write speed for us.