Networker

Re: [Networker] Datadomain with NetWorker / EDL

2010-02-16 12:06:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Datadomain with NetWorker / EDL
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:03:31 -0500
Hello Johannes - We are still on 7.5.1/win2k3 - they have not mentioned
upgrading as a pre-req or anything, and we are waiting to hear more about 7.6.1
etc.

Right now, at least at first, we are only planning on using it for de-duped
savesets of our NAS (ndmp) and Exchange (module) full backups, so that we may
be able to increase retention time on our primary EDL(s)

(IOTW, that is the "plan" , however, it remains to be seen if it can/will be
achieved in the way we envision/hope by the onsite-engineer later this week -
I'll keep you posted.)

Regards,
Jamie