Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Client Authentication Tru64 Unix

2010-01-28 18:06:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Client Authentication Tru64 Unix
From: Craig Faller <craigf AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:00:59 +1100
I am assuming the tru64 v4.0f systems are running networker v6.1.4 as
this is the highest version of networker that v4.0f can use, other than
that, you shouldn't have any issues creating the client using backup
interface. As long as the networker server has the backup interface as
the primary NIC and that its actual name is the backup interface also,
there shouldn't be many issues at all, otherwise try setting the "server
interface" name param on the client-backup definition as the backup
interface name of the networker server.

I hope that made sense..haha if dns is not being used, ensure the
/etc/hosts are fully populated with the system names.

Although i do agree that there is always a good chance that the reverse
name lookup will return with the primary nic system name and complain,
but you can try getting around this by just adding the primary nic name
to the client alias, and still verify that the backup lan is being used.