Networker

Re: [Networker] WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2

2010-01-26 14:57:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2
From: Michael Jones <Jones_Michael2 AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:53:51 -0500
Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 have multiple changes which affect backup
products. Changes include new VSS Writers, VSS Express Writers, Native VHD's
and hidden partitions. While existing NetWorker releases may appear to work,
they will not correctly backup Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 operating
systems.

EMC NetWorker will add NetWorker support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
R2 in the NetWorker 7.5SP2 release planned for March 2010. Support for
NetWorker Server and Storage Node on Windows Server 2008 R2 is planned at or
shortly after the NW75SP2 release. Support for NetWorker application modules
running on Windows Server 2008 R2 are planned at or shortly after the NW75SP2
release.

The NetWorker 7.6SP1 release will add this support to the NetWorker 7.6 release
in mid-2010.

The Early Access Program has been filled with customers and partners, suggest
waiting for the GA release.