Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrim/nsrck trying to check non-existent clients?

2010-01-26 10:09:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrim/nsrck trying to check non-existent clients?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:06:43 -0500
On 1/26/10 9:06 AM, Brian O'Neill wrote:
I upgraded to 7.4.5 last week on two systems from 7.4.3 - one on CentOS 4 32-bit, one on CentOS 5 64-bit.

The CentOS 4 system failed to complete a couple of savegrps properly, which were still "running" this morning. When I checked, it appeared that I had several nsrim processes running, from which "nsrck -X" was called, but with a large list of clients that include several clients recently deleted, and it appears to be hanging up on at least one of them.

When running "nsrim -X" manually, I can see that it generates a list of clients, but based on some criteria I am not aware of.

This is a known issue... contact EMC and get some point release of 7.4.5.x ... where x >= 2 It will fix the problem for you...