Networker

[Networker] Networker Firewall Setings

2010-01-22 10:36:55
Subject: [Networker] Networker Firewall Setings
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:33:39 -0500
We have only one client behind firewall.
Networker server and cleint have version 7.5.1.4 (windows 2003)
I went through the documentation twice but I am still confused !!

For security reason, we are not able to use default range (7937-9936) and
would like to lock it down.

[1] nsrports command gave the default range on both the sever and a client  ?
Does it really matter ?

nsrports (on the server)
Service ports: 7937 - 9936
Connection ports: 0-0

nsrports (on the client)
Service ports: 7937 -9936
Connection ports:  0-0

[2] How does the nsrports command work in an environment where the client is
behind a firewall ?

[3] Do I need to change firewall settings for the connection ports (0-0) ?

[4] Does Networker require ICMP (ping, tracert, etc) & UDP in order to function
?

[5] Do I have to update any file on the servers before modifying the firewall
rule to make sure they will only use specific ports?

Pleaes let me know the following

Networker server to client
protocol:
ports: