Networker

Re: [Networker] How to redirect a saveset recover?

2010-01-21 11:50:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to redirect a saveset recover?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:49:16 -0500
"Mathew Harvest" <Mathew.HARVEST AT communities.qld.gov DOT au> wrote on
01/20/2010 04:16:54 PM:

> Hey Michael,
>
> From the command reference guide ...
>
> recover [-f] [-n] [-u] [-q] [-i {nNyYrR}] [-d destination] -s server [-J
> storage-node] -S ssid[/cloneid] [-S ssid[/cloneid]]. . . [ path]. . .
>
> I think you have a few too many arguments on the command line ...
>
> As you are performing a saveset recovery I don't think that you can/need
> to specify the source client, as that is implied by the saveset and I'm
> pretty sure that you have to be logged into the server that you want to
> recover the data too.
>
> So you command should probably look something like
>
> recover -s admnman004  -S 2932379725 -i R -d h:\temp h:\users\policeops

I don't think that will work for my needs, as I need to redirect to
another client, not just to another folder. The client that this ssid came
from, no longer exists. I still have a client definition for it, but there
is no actual original client that I can recover to.

After discussing with my boss, we've determined that the users can live
without these particular files. :-) Doesn't actually solve my problem, of
course, but means I don't need to continue to try this restore any more.