Networker

Re: [Networker] Multi-homed server backups

2010-01-20 16:29:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Multi-homed server backups
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:27:36 -0500
Some additional information - if I initiate a "save" from the client with the -s flag, it does the correct thing. And I can see the "save" command having the correct -s flag when it is server initiated, but the connections initiated from the client back to the server (primarily on port 7938 to start, nsrexecd on the server) are still being made to the wrong IP.

Brian O'Neill wrote:
I've got this working in one environment, but I'm setting it up in another and I might be missing something.

I've got a Networker 7.4.5 server on Linux, with multiple network interfaces (some are multi-VLAN trunked).

I'm trying to back up a host on one of the interfaces (the server, called "backup1" for its primary name, has an interface on the relevant network of "backup1-vlan2". The client is set to allow backup1-vlan2 as a server. "backup1-vlan2" is set in the Server Network Interface field in the client's record.

It is working, but for some reason the client (or the server, but it looks like the client) still opens several connections to backup1, which attempts to go out through a firewall which we are trying to avoid.

I could hardwire on the client side to point backup1 to the correct local IP, but I'd rather be able to do this properly from the server side.

Am I missing a piece to the puzzle?

-Brian

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or