Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file - bucket of disk or sized partitions

2010-01-19 10:24:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file - bucket of disk or sized partitions
From: Tom Birkenbach <tom.birkenbach AT WMICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:23:08 -0500
Thanks for the feedback Howard!  I appreciate it.
I wonder why EMC recommends only 5 to 6 "savestreams" (same as a saveset?)
per disk group.  Perhaps for performance reasons?  Meaning, with a limited
number of savestreams (assuming to mean saveset) the groups could finish
sooner because there's less of them to process thus allowing any
staging/cloning to happen sooner.  On average, I see 3 to 4 savesets per
client.  Given this, a 5 to 6 savestream group would only hold possibly up
to 3 clients.  That's not a big group.  I foresee a LOT of groups based on
this number.