Networker

[Networker] errors when using the software repository

2010-01-13 12:14:22
Subject: [Networker] errors when using the software repository
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:11:51 -0800
Hi.

I am interested in some feedback regarding use of the software repository to
upgrade the networker clients. I am having some difficulties getting it to
work. I have outlined the error messages and success below. Can i expect that
the software repository will work successfully for the majority of my client
upgrades?

We have upgraded our Solaris 9 Networker server to 7.5.1. I have used the
software administration wizard and configured the software repository to
contain software for solaris_64, hpux_64, linux_64, aix, windows 32 and
windows64. Our intention is to upgrade our clients using the Software
Administration Wizard.

The client upgrade is failing on majority of the clients stating that "No
available products were found for the selected client in the software
repository". Yet the software repository shows that the required software is
available.

So far the results are:
solaris9 64bit client - "No available products were found for the selected
client in the software repository".
hpux11 64bit client - "No available products were found for the selected client
in the software repository".
solaris 10 client - successful
windows client - software upgrade successful but failed on daemon restart and
manual restart of service was required on client.

The solaris 10 networker client software is the same as solaris9 so i am
suprised that this error message is appearing.

THank you, Mark