Networker

Re: [Networker] best release - stable and Win2008 friendly?

2010-01-01 15:32:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] best release - stable and Win2008 friendly?
From: Eric Fabulus <efabulus AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 20:32:22 +0000
Hi

There is actually no realfriendly version for win2008. The first one should be
available in march 2010. My advice is to wait.

Eric Fabulus
Senior Freelance Consultant Backup and Storage

> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:46:20 -0600
> From: DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU
> Subject: [Networker] best release - stable and Win2008 friendly?
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>
> Looking to finally upgrade our main production environment, which has
> been on 7.2.2, and VERY STABLE for quite a while.   I've got 280
> Clients, Server, and storage node, plus 8 dedicated storage nodes.
>
> Unfortunately, it is time to move on to the more "experimental versions"
> of Networker, and I'm trying to figure out which one is the best option.
>

> In February 2009, I upgraded to 7.4 on our development server (about 200
> clients and 4 Dedicated storage nodes), and had major problems for quite
> a while.   It seems a little more stable, but it took about 6 months to
> get under control.
>
> 7.5 seems to be the most logical choice, as we are running a couple of
> Win2008 machines, and supposedly 7.5 sp2 will fully support Win2008.
> How stable is it, and what hotfixes have been released for it?
>
> 7.6 is the most recent release, but haven't heard/seen too many reviews
> - either positive or negative, other than then new NMC in 7.6.  Any
> hotfixes?
>
> What is everybody doing right now with current versions, and Win2008
> needs?  How stable is that release?
>
> TIA.
>
> David M. Browning Jr.
> IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk

> this list. You can access the archives at

Non, 200 photos ne passent pas par e-mails ! A moins d'utiliser Windows Live…
http://www.microsoft.com/belux/fr/windows/windowslive/products/photos.aspx