Networker

[Networker] How does nsrclone order a list of SSIDs for cloning?

2009-12-28 13:29:59
Subject: [Networker] How does nsrclone order a list of SSIDs for cloning?
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:27:39 -0500
bbartick wrote:
> We recently rolled out a VTL and I'm in the process of scripting the cloning
> process. From the testing I've done, it seems as though nsrclone does not
> clone the SSIDs in the order you pass to the command.
> I'd love to clone the oldest savesets first so that I can roll them off the
> VTL first.
> I was thinking I could do something similar to:
>
> mminfo -ot -q "pool=VTL1,copies=1,!incomplete,savetime<21 days ago" -r ssid
> --> output to a file $FILE
>

> Then I will clone the ssids
>
> nohup nsrclone -b "$POOL" -y "$RETENTION" -J "$NODE" -S -f $FILE &
>
> I was surprised to see my savesets aren't being cloned in the order of the
> savesets in the file.
> Can anyone tell me how nsrclone determines which savesets will be cloned
> first?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brett

I don't believe that this info is publicly available, we've looked into this
previously and it wasn't.  In fact, we had an Networker resident from EMC on
site and he couldn't get the info either.  Maybe things have changed, I've got
a mod to our clone script I'd like to implement and having that info would
simplify things greatly.

--brerrabit