Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato in NT licensing question - where's the license key?

2009-12-28 05:33:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato in NT licensing question - where's the license key?
From: Eric Fabulus <efabulus AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:32:34 +0000
Hi

Years ago ?

EMC work with a support contract and with clear end of primary and extended
support.
As you say "Legato", it seems to me that we are talking about a fairly old
version of Networker. This mays cause problems with EMC Licensing.

Kinds regards

Eric

> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 05:31:21 -0500
> From: networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM
> Subject: [Networker] Legato in NT licensing question - where's the license
> key?
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>
> If you lost the license key, you can ask EMC Licensing (licensing AT emc DOT
> com) to send a duplicate key to you. I don't think they charge for
> duplicates. Provide the Host id when you contact them. you can find the id in
> the gui by taking Properties of any license key in Registrations and then
> checking in Host id entry in Configuration.
>
> opopanax.
>

> ric flair wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a customer who is using Windows NT on two servers, with a mirrored
> > Microsoft SQL on both servers.
> >
> > Legato manages the mirror.
> >
> > However, the HDD died on one server, and we had to reloaded windows NT.
> > Here’s the problem – when we reloaded Legato, we need to enter the licence.
> >  The person who installed Legato years ago never gave my customer the
> > License to Legato.
> >
> > So here is my question – how can we extract the license key number from the
> > server that has the working Legato?  I have tried a program called “License
> > Crawler” but no luck.  I also had a look in the Registry, but no luck.  Is
> > there any text files or anything?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ric

> |This was sent by carnegie.deli AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

> this list. You can access the archives at

Nouveau Windows 7 : Trouvez le PC qui vous convient. En savoir plus.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop