Networker

Re: [Networker] Restoring to a cloned enviroment

2009-12-21 11:30:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restoring to a cloned enviroment
From: Venkat Tudi <venkat.tudi AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:28:28 -0500
Frank,
Yes this can be done. I have done similar to this when I was moving data
centers many years ago. The only problem I encountered was my DNS issues. We
used Hosts files and the IP's were changed and the HOSTS filed was not
updated.
-Venkat

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Terveen, Frank <Frank.Terveen AT afm DOT
nl>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are trying a new thing here and want to know if someone can predict
> the impact to the system
>
> We use one Windows 2003 server to backup and restore our production site
>
> We are currently building a test environment which is IP and DNS equal
> but not connected to the production site
>
> Our plan is to disconnect our backup server from the production site
> Connect it to the test environment
> Restore production tape data to the identical location in  the test site
>
> Will legato allow this or is there a MAC issue *(as far as I know
> Networker does not use any mac addresses to authenticate)
>
> Enviroment in both sites is Windows 2003 only with Networker 7.4.4
> The systems are P to V systems from the production site to the test site
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>

> Disclaimer:
> http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer
> http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer_english/
> Indien u de link niet kunt openen, neemt u dan contact op met
> telefoonnummer +31 (0)20 7972000. Meer informatie vindt u op de
> website http://www.afm.nl.
> If you are unable to access the link, please dial +31 (0)20
> 7972000
> Additional information is available on the website
> http://www.afm.nl.

> type
> this
> list. You can access the archives at