Networker

Re: [Networker] Any decent solutions for Sharepoint (Item level) or AD (Attribute leve)??

2009-12-17 13:44:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Any decent solutions for Sharepoint (Item level) or AD (Attribute leve)??
From: richard AT DATA4U.CO DOT NZ
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:42:16 +1300
John

We have a number of clients utilising the NMM (NetWorker Module for Microsoft
Applications) for both AD (component level recovery) and Sharepoint 2007, with
granular level recoveries configured.

This works well for both applications.

We do however have a bug logged for Sharepoint 2007, where granular backups
fail for specific sites within Sharepoint. (One customer site only)
The problem is related to special characters being utilsied within their site,
NetWorker backs the data up, though fails to write the index data for these
characters. EMC have a patch for this, pending release at the moment.

Regards

Richard