Networker

[Networker] System State on domain controllers

2009-12-14 11:12:49
Subject: [Networker] System State on domain controllers
From: Aaron Sakowski <dirtrin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:08:57 -0500
Hi,
I am noticing an issue backing up the SYSTEM STATE save set on many of our
Domain Controllers.  The DCs are running either Windows 2003 32-bit or
Windows 2003 64-bit.  The NetWorker server is 7.4.2 (build 438) on a Sun
server running Solaris 10.  The clients are running the unpatched NetWorker
7.4.2 client. I also see this in our NetWorker 7.2.1 Server with the clients
running 7.3.4.

I am finding that the SYSTEM STATE is backing up a massive amount of data
every day:
name    date-time       total   files-saved     level   ssflags
SYSTEM STATE:\  11/10/09        4318 MB 12      full    vF
SYSTEM STATE:\  11/11/09        2197 MB 24      full    vF
SYSTEM STATE:\  11/12/09        8928 MB 2834    full    vF
SYSTEM STATE:\  11/17/09        9012 MB 2839    full    vF
SYSTEM STATE:\  11/19/09        8961 MB 2834    full    vF

Is this normal for the SYSTEM STATE on a Domain Controller?  Most of the
other windows systems will only back up a few MB for the SYSTEM STATE.