Networker

[Networker] Problems changing blocksize on Win2003

2009-12-09 12:42:38
Subject: [Networker] Problems changing blocksize on Win2003
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:39:03 -0500
So I have a new Win2003 storage node (NW 7.4.5), with an SDLT-600 tape
drive. I need to run scanner here, so I can re-read an old tape, and
populate the media db.

C:\>scanner -v -s admnman004 -i -S 3674969970 -c admnlts003 \\.\Tape0
8909:scanner: using 'rd=admnman012.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov:\\.\Tape0' as the
device name
Cannot set \\.\Tape0 block size to 131072. Maximum size configure is
65536.
 Please modify your SCSI configuration to allow transfers of at least
131072 (search for the MaximumSGList registry
 parameter)
-----------

Tape drive is attached to a HP SmartArray 5i adapter, so I created a
REG_DWORD key "MaximumSGList" (value of 33 decimal, for 128K blocksize)
under the "Device" key under "Parameters"  key of the "cpqcissm" driver,
and rebooted. However, that didn't seem to work:

>mt -f \\.\Tape0 status
\\.\Tape0:
        Media Capacity  = 275.89GByte
        Media Remaining = 328.17GByte
        Media Blocksize = 0
        Media Partition Count = 0
        Media is write protected
        default blocksize = 65536
        maximum blocksize = 65536

What did I do wrong? I got the driver name from the Windows Control Panel,
Device Manager, driver details.

Hints, anyone?