Networker

Re: [Networker] 64bit Win Client fails with VSS errors...

2009-12-08 21:40:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] 64bit Win Client fails with VSS errors...
From: "Scott F. Bingham" <sfbing AT EARTHLINK DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 18:36:44 -0800
Hello,

This question was not yet answered:

> Will Networker automatically delete the shadow copies after each backup ?

Yes: NetWorker Client for Windows creates 'non-persistent' or 'temporary'
snapshots, as per Microsoft terminology.  These will automatically be
deleted when the backup has finished and reference counts go to zero.

The ability to 'persist' (save) and manage snapshots, for those that need
that functionality, is one of the many features of NMM.

Thanks,
_Scott