Networker

Re: [Networker] Retention policy on clone pool

2009-12-04 06:46:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Retention policy on clone pool
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:42:04 -0500
My plan at present is (if we decide to stay with NetWorker) to skip the 7.5 release and go straight to 7.6. However, because EMC does overlapping development, there are always bugs in the new version that you got fixed in the old version and EMC hasn't figured out that they need to forward port the fixes -- until someone calls in and complains about the same bug all over again. Even then if you don't get the right support person, you're going to waste at least a week of your life dealing with their script they were given to follow -- because they don't know how the product even works.

Frank

PS -- Yes, since I've been dealing with multiple problems and have not had a single day in the past three plus months that I haven't had to deal with someone at EMC about them -- I'm very burned out and grouchy.