Networker

[Networker] ADIC Scalar 24 Cleaning slots

2009-12-01 13:32:17
Subject: [Networker] ADIC Scalar 24 Cleaning slots
From: opopanax <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:28:30 -0500
I don't think there is any need for 2 cleaning media in the library. Usually
you only need to clean drives every 4 months or above. Normally, the very last
slot in the box is assigned as cleaning slot. Load a cleaning media in the
final slot. Configure the library in networker using jbconfig.  once done, use:

nsrjb -U <no.of uses> -S <cleaning slot number> -j <library name>

to assign cleaning slot. This will allow networker to control the cleaning tape
usage.

If you assign cleaning slots in the library console, then those slots which you
configure the library in the software.

opopanax.