Networker

Re: [Networker] Technical advisory out today about Windows 2008 disaster recovery

2009-11-25 09:41:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Technical advisory out today about Windows 2008 disaster recovery
From: Debbie Furgat Dunn <askdebhow AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:39:22 -0500
Hi,

  Apologies, as you are all aware of by now, there is a problem with the
posting.  The Powerlink team is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.
In the meantime, the same information is also documented in NetWorker Procedure
Generator just separated into different use case scenarios.

If NPG has not already been downloaded it can be obtained by navigating to:

Home>Support>Product and Diagnostic Tools> NetWorker Procedure Generator on
Powerlink

If you have already installed it, just open NPG and the autoupdate feature will
provide the new content.  With this release of NPG you will be prompted to
allow NPG to anonymously provide feedback to track which procedures and
selections are being generated.  Please select Yes at this prompt.  This will
allow us to determine which procedures are most commonly used and allow us to
provide focused future enhancements and new procedures to better serve the NPG
user base.  If you have issues with the installation or autoudpate feature
please email pg-feedback AT emc DOT com

Here's a summary of all the new procedures released on Friday:

Recovering with NetWorker
New procedures surrounding Recover scenarios with NetWorker include:

How to restore from a save set which is in an expired state (navigate to
Recovering with NetWorker ->Restore from a save set in expired state
How to perform a Windows 2008 disaster recovery (navigate to Recovering with
NetWorker ->Disaster Recoveries ->Windows 2008 Offline Restore)

Configuration scenarios
New procedures surrounding common NetWorker configurations include:

How to configure VCB backups with NetWorker 7.6 when virtual center is used
How to configure VCB backups with NetWorker 7.6 when virtual center is not used
How to configure NetWorker 7.6 to backup to an Atmos cloud device
How to configure Networker 7.6 to backup to an On Premise Atmos device
 How to configure Windows 2008 offline client initiated backups for disaster
recoveries (navigate to Configuration -> Filesystem Operations)
How to configure Windows 2008 offline server initiated backups for disaster
recoveries of a new Windows 2008 NetWorker client (navigate to Configuration ->
Filesystem Operations)
 How to configure Windows 2008 offline server initiated backups for disaster
recoveries of an existing Windows 2008 NetWorker client
(navigate to Configuration -> Filesystem Operations)

HTH
Debbie

Debbie Dunn
Mgr. Product Management
Service Planning & Systems
EMC Global Services
Email: dunn_debbie AT emc DOT com
Phone: 1-905-315-4711

Check it out NetWorker Information Lives Here:
https://support.emc.com/products/NetWorker.asp

Spare me the grim litany of the "realist," give me the unrealistic aspirations
of the optimist any day.
-Colin Powell