Networker

Re: [Networker] Technical advisory out today about Windows 2008 disaster recovery

2009-11-23 11:55:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Technical advisory out today about Windows 2008 disaster recovery
From: Greg Etling <getling AT STERN.NYU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:33:40 -0500
David,

Thanks for this posting, and sorry you had to be a guinea pig as they
figured out the process!

I had one question that I'm hoping you might answer: After the restoration
of the WSB backup, have you arrived back at a fully functioning system drive
as it was at the time of the backup? Because it appears to me that wbadmin
takes a backup of the entire C: drive...so in essence you are backing up all
those files twice: once for file-level restores and once for disaster recovery.

Thanks again,
Greg

---
Greg Etling <getling AT stern.nyu DOT edu>
Systems Administrator
Stern IT Enterprise Operations
NYU Stern School of Business
---